Probate and Power of Attorney Solicitors

Mackrell and Thomas – Probate and Power of Attorney

We are Probate solicitors who offer private client legal advice across a range of topics covering  probate, powers of attorney and well as estates and inheritance tax advice.

Mark Hunter, solicitor at Mackrell and Thomas has been preparing Powers of Attorney  and carrying out Probate work for 25 years.

If you are not enjoying the best of health, we are more than happy to visit you in the privacy of your own home.

We also offer FREE storage facilities for important documents such as Wills and Title Deeds.


We can help recently bereaved clients to deal with their loved ones’ affairs. We offer a free consultation to provide you with guidance and advice on what to consider when a loved one dies. We can advise you on how to register the death, making funeral arrangements, and who should be notified.

Our aim is to provide you and your family with practical support and advice at a difficult time.

We can offer you a wide range of private client services including:

  • Probate and Administration of Estates
  • Disputed Wills
  • Claims under the Inheritance Act

Sadly, there can be arguments over an estate. In some situations a person can make a claim against an estate on the basis that they should have been included in the estate. There can also be disputes over a Will if there is a doubt whether the person who made it did not have the mental capacity or was coerced into making a Will.

To avoid unnecessary stress at a difficult time, contact Mackrell and Thomas and see a friendly solicitor who can do the hard work for you.

Power of Attorney

A lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal document that lets you choose people (‘attorneys’) such as a friend or relative who can make decisions and deal with matters for you. There are two types of LPA and you can decide to make one or both:

  • Health and Welfare – dealing with daily routines; medical care or moving into a care home
  • Property and Financial affairs – paying bills; collecting benefits or selling your home

Before it can be used, a LPA has to be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG)