Holiday Claims Solicitors

The last thing you want to happen when you go away on holiday is to suffer an illness, but sadly this can be a problem many encounter. From broken bones to allergic reactions, food poisoning to twisted ankles, it can make a time you have been looking forward to become a memory you’d rather forget. And that’s before you’ve even considered what the financial implications are.

The good news is that if you have been one of the unlucky ones and suffered, you’re not alone. If you have experienced an illness on holiday or injury while on holiday, you can get in touch with us at Mackrell & Thomas Liverpool Solicitors today to discuss further. We are specialist personal injury solicitors in Liverpool with a substantial amount of experience and knowledge in holiday claims. Call us now on 0800 0730160 to discuss in greater detail.

Making a holiday claim

If you have suffered from an illness or injury while on holiday and think it may be due to the negligence of an airport transfer, tour operator, hotel or cruise ship, then it may be possible for you to make a holiday claim and obtain compensation for your experience. This recovered cost could go towards covering your medical costs, any time that you have had to take off work, lost earnings, the cost of your holiday, and towards the distress and inconvenience of how you have felt – among other unforeseen expenses that have arisen as a result of your illness or injury.

There are a variety of different holiday claims that you can make. These include:

How much money can you claim for an injury or illness experienced while on holiday?

The amount of compensation that you will be entitled to depend on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, whether or not you will be affected in the long-term, any adaptations that you have had to make to your home and lifestyle, and how long your symptoms lasted. For example, you may be able to recoup a significant sum if your injury has affected your ability to work in the future.

You can get in touch with us at Mackrell & Thomas to get a better idea of what you might be owed. Call us now on 0800 0730160 to discuss further and one of our expert solicitors will be able to go through your claim and give you an indication of what you might be owed. It could be between hundreds and thousands of pounds depending on the severity.

Potential holiday claim compensation amounts

Although every case is different and must be assessed as such, as a rough guide of how much compensation you are entitled to after suffering an illness or injury while on holiday, you may receive:

Mild food poisoning – between £700-£3000

Moderate food poisoning – between £3000-£7000

Severe food poisoning – between £7000-£40,000

Which countries result in common holiday claims the most?

At Mackrell & Thomas, we often notice trends in the common countries people visit that result in them experiencing injury or illness and therefore needing to make a holiday claim. The top 10 places for people getting sick abroad are Spain, Turkey, Egypt, Greece, France, Italy, America, India, Morocco and Thailand.

Data in 2016 showed that Egypt was the most common winter sun destination to see holiday illness claims. Holiday sickness is also proving increasingly common, and therefore we are seeing a growing number of people claiming holiday sickness compensation pay.

How long do you have to make a holiday claim?

Usually you have within 3 years to make a holiday claim for an illness or injury suffered while abroad, however, this can differ from country to country. Get in touch with us today at Mackrell & Thomas to discuss further whether you are eligible. You can contact us on 0800 0730160.

How do you make a holiday claim?

You can make a holiday claim by contacting Mackrell & Thomas today. One of our expert and highly trained solicitors will be able to talk you through the process and discuss your needs. You can make a claim against any provider that has supplied you with an ATOL or ATBA protected package holiday. Our dedicated team has seen compensation recovered from a number of major package holiday providers, including the likes of Thomson, First Choice and Thomas Cook.

READ MORE: What should you do if you fall ill on holiday?

Contact us now

Get in touch with Mackrell & Thomas today on 0800 0730160 to get specialist advice about making a holiday claim and get your claim in motion. You could be eligible for receiving hundreds or thousands of pounds in compensation, which will certainly go some way to absorbing some of the misery and frustration you endured while ill. We’re here to help.