Whether you are buying, selling or transferring the ownership of your home, you need a law firm you can trust to look after the legal matters.
Mackrell and Thomas have been established over 40 years. Our dedicated Conveyancing Solicitors will help you with every step of your property matter.
Mackrell and Thomas are experienced conveyancing solicitors in Liverpool and the Wirral who will ensure that your transaction is dealt with in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
We have successfully completed thousands of transactions for happy clients, see our reviews for what our conveyancing clients think of our services.
We can deal with all property matters ranging from simple to complex property matters including freehold, leasehold, registered and unregistered property. Our conveyancers provide legal property advice to clients across the North West and in particular in Liverpool and the Wirral.
Buying or Selling a house can be stressful and it is often the most important and largest financial transaction that many people will undertake in their lives. Our highly experienced conveyancers will be there to guide you through every step and will strive to make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
Our team has experience dealing with tight deadlines, freehold and leasehold property sales and purchases, buying with Right to Buy, buying the Freehold buying with Help to Buy Equity Loans and ISA’s, Buy to let property transactions and transfers of ownership.
The key stages of a sale and purchase transaction are:
• Offer accepted by a Seller and both the Seller and Buyer instruct solicitors.
• The Seller completes the Property Information, Leasehold Information (if the property is leasehold) and Fittings and Contents Forms.
• The Seller’s solicitors obtain the title documents for the property, prepares the contract and submit the contract, title documents and the Sellers completed forms to the Buyer’s solicitor (the ‘Contract Pack’).
• The Buyer’s solicitors order searches and the Buyer arranges a survey/valuation.
• The Buyer’s solicitors review the search results and raises any necessary ‘additional enquiries’ based on those and the Contract Pack.
• The Seller’ solicitor reply to the additional enquiries with their client’s assistance (as needed).
• When the Buyer’s solicitors are satisfied with the forms, documents and replies provided to them and their searches, and they have received their client’s mortgage offer (if required):
o both the Seller and Buyer sign a copy of the Contract and return it to their solicitor,
o the Buyer transfers the deposit monies (usually 10% of the purchase price) to their solicitor,
o a Completion Date can be agreed, and
o exchange of contracts can then take place between the two solicitors (over the telephone) with the deposit being transferred to the Seller’s solicitors.
• At the point of exchange, there is a legally binding contract in place for the sale and purchase of the property between the Seller and Buyer, at the agreed purchase price.
• The Buyer’s solicitors request the mortgage advance from their client’s lender (if a mortgage is required) and the balance of the purchase money from their client.
• On the Completion Date, the balance of the purchase price is transferred from the Buyer’s solicitor to the Seller’s solicitors, the property legally transfers from the Seller to the Buyer, the Seller moves out and the Buyer can collect the keys from the estate agents.
• The Seller’s solicitors redeem the Seller’s mortgages/charges secured over the sale property (if any) out of the sale proceeds, and the Buyer’s solicitors pay the stamp duty land tax/land transaction tax and register the Buyer as the new owner with the Land Registry.
On average, it takes between 6 to 12 weeks from an offer being accepted, to the Completion Date. However it can take longer if there is a chain (several buyers and sellers all involved in linked transactions).
At Mackrell and Thomas, our fixed fee service will help you budget for your move, whilst our professional property solicitors will make sure that everything runs smoothly and is completed as quickly as possible.
Our fees for selling a house start from as low as £575 plus VAT and disbursements.
Typical example of our sale fees – Sale of freehold property, for £95,000
Legal Fees – £575 plus vat and bank transfer fee £30 plus vat
Disbursements – £7.20 for office copies of Land Registry documents
Request a conveyancing quote today
Contact Mackrell and Thomas to obtain full details of our fees and to begin your conveyancing matter.
Call us on 0151 341 7999
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a call back on our Call back form.